November 16th, 2011
Okay, so here’s the deal. Hospitality has a long list of items they would like to see donated by the membership. Some of these items are perishable, so either donated at the convention itself or ‘cash’ donation before-hand (especially in the case of baked goods… which some of us [*cough* ...me... *cough*] are on the hook for because we advertised that we have cookies in Saint John at the past two CAiNEs) so we can purchase things and have them ready for people.
Of course, all of your contributions (great or small) are welcome, appreciated, and prestige-worthy.
So here’s the list. If you would like to donate particular items, please contact Pam MacNeish at pmacnei / AT / nbnet / DOT / nb / DOT / ca and note which items you would like to contribute or, if you’re donating ‘cash’, which items you would like your money to be used for (if you want to specify). If we receive enough pledges/money for certain things, I’ll be sure to update the list accordingly.
- Paper plates and bowls
- paper cups
- plastic cutlery
- Mister Noodle cups
- Cans of pop
- Bottles of water
- Juice boxes/cans of juice or iced tea
- cereal bars
- instant oatmeal
- Muffins/cookies/other baked goods
- Fruit, veggies & dip
- Condoms (still in original package, not expired)
- Band Aids
- First aid kit
- Bristol board for signs
- Birthday decorations. (It is the domains birthday after all, so a couple of balloons and some banners might be in order)
- Baking supplies (flour, sugar, eggs, milk, etc… there are quite a few of us, locally, who enjoy baking and are planning to bake things for the Hospitality room)
(we’re not looking to feed the convention-goers and these things aren’t on our “MUST have” list, but if you would like to see these things in the Hospitality room… donate!)
- PB/Jam/cheese wiz/sandwich fixings
- Hot dogs
- Assorted condiments for hot dogs
- Any other instant quick type foods that will help convention goers
NOTE: If there are any severe food allergies that the Hospitality gals should be aware of (Can’t be in the same room as a peanut because you’ll explode for example) please shoot us an email. All food will be labeled for potential food allergies, but accidents can happen and we’d like to be prepared.