May 13th, 2011
Vampire: The Requiem Teaser
The Concilium of the Black Rose was always announced by a strict protocol, that only a select few understand. In the past some have refused the rose and have met with harsh consequences. This year one Prince decided to accept the rose even before it was sent to him. Here are some of his words about the event:
Well since as I am usurping control of this event from those that think they can dictate to Princes, I had thought perhaps a little rebellion fuelled style should be in order. So our theme this year will be Rebellion; any style of dress that goes against the status quo, naughty, freakish, insane, even downright fucked up. Remember, rebel against your norm and enjoy it.
Let’s just hope for him his rebellion does not end during the gathering. Lately sailors in area have sensed a strong wind coming from the east; astrologers and fortune tellers are all talking about a strong father figure coming back.
May the outcome be in your favor…
CAiNE 2012 Vampire: The Requiem VSS
Domain: Saint John, NB (House of Dark Tidings)
Venue: Vampire: The Requiem
- Richard Blais mtlvampire / AT / yahoo / DOT / com
Game Schedule: March 23rd, 2012 7pm – 1am
All information to be found here is in addition to that of the Universal VSS for CAiNE 2012.
‘’Sometimes the Predator becomes the Prey’’
1: Never present, 2: Sometimes present, 3: Often present, 4: Usually present, 5: Always present
- Intrigue: 4
- Action: 4
- Mystery: 3
- Drama: 3
- Darkness: 5
Caine 2012 Requiem uses all White Wolf books and secondary resources described as sanctioned within the Camarilla Global Addenda. Caine 2012 Requiem makes use of the Camarilla Global Addendum, the Camarilla Requiem Addendum, the Canadian Influence Document and the Canadian National Addendum.
Players are required to bring two printed copies (neatly handwritten ink is acceptable, but pencil is not) of all Requiem character sheets with them. One of these will be given to the In Character Check-in Team and the other is for player use during the event. Players are encouraged to make use of the character sheets found on http://sheets.camarilla.ca/
Character Sheets are required to have the following:
- Player name, Camarilla membership number, Storyteller name, email address, player’s domain/region/nation, and Camarilla membership number on the title section
- A complete Experience log that includes a creation log, Experience awards, and all required approval numbers required by your affiliate. Approvals must include any approval requirements as well as relevant comments by approving officers. (only one copy required – attached to the character sheet kept by the IC Check-in Team)
- Detailed listing of all mechanics applicable to their character from sources not found in the core Vampire: The Requiem (red) or World of Darkness (blue) books. If you do not have these mechanics on hand, they will not be accessible to your character.
- Caine 2012 Requiem Lead approval emails for all custom items (items not found in a published White Wolf Requiem Source book) and all items not native to the Requiem Genre.
If you are planning to portray any of the following character types at Caine 2012, then notification must be given to the Caine 2012 Requiem Lead AT LEAST two weeks prior to the Convention (The earlier the better though!):
- Bloodlines: Alucinor, Architects of the Monolith, Azerkatil, Bohagande, Galloi, Gethsemeni, Morotrophian, Tismanu or a character that is a member of any Custom Bloodline that has a Custom Bloodline power (with appropriate approval number included)
- PC Brood (with approval numbers)
- Characters possessing any abilities or merits that allow contact with ghosts or spirits (Kindred Medium, Spirit Cruac)
- Characters that are members of a Shadow Cult
- Custom Mechanics and Approvals above High: All custom mechanics and approvals above high must be pre-submitted to the Venue Lead along with the attached approval numbers 3 weeks prior to Caine 2012. They must also be present in some form of write-up on the character sheet submitted at IC registration upon arrival at the convention. If these are not approved prior to the event, approval may be sought from the Venue Lead on site, but is unlikely.
- Gadgetry: Things that belong in a James Bond/Cyberpunk movie will not be allowed. If the effect is a material or item intended to duplicate existing abilities in game (such as miniature hand-held cameras to spot those using Obfuscate, etc.), they will also not be allowed. Consult the Lead Venue Storyteller to see if the items you have are considered exceptions to this rule. Items that fall under this aspect will be removed from character sheets at check-in if they are not approved before the event.
- Blood Storage: More then 10 Vitae worth of Non-Internal Blood storage (Reliquaries, etc) if the PC has the ability to make them. If the PC does not have the ability to make their own non-internal blood storage then they are limited to their willpower rating in blood points stored. Any non-supernatural/non-mystical method of blood storage must be approved as per the Gadgetry rules.
- NPCs: Non Player Characters on site must be approved with the Lead Storyteller (and must have a Caine 2012 Requiem Lead approval email) in advance of the event. This includes having retainers on site, Dominated “skin-suits”, and other merit-based NPC’s. If these are not approved prior to the event, they will not be allowed. Exceptions will not be made to this rule.
- Storytellers may petition to incorporate their plotlines and/or NPCs into Caine 2012 Requiem. If approval is not obtained, plot effects and items are considered out of play or “switched off” for the duration of Caine 2012 Requiem.
- The use of Stigmatica counts as torture per the chart of Humanity sins. Ghouls, retainers, allies, or random mortals cannot be declared to be masochists, pain-seekers, thrill-seekers or the like as a means to avoid these Humanity tests. This applies for all powers that are modeled after Stigmatica as well.
- You must have approval from the Caine 2012 Requiem Lead to use Spirit Cruac on other PCs in any way that produces a mechanic effect. This is in addition to the normally required High Approval.
- There will be no Carthian Law at Caine 2012 Requiem.
- Characters may not have rituals that grant them any benefits (such as increasing roll pulls or improving attributes or skills) cast upon them prior to arrival at Caine 2012. These rituals will be stricken from the character sheet upon arrival at IC check-in. Such rituals must be cast upon a character at the convention, and the character casting the ritual must be present at the convention to make the pulls with the Pre Cast team.
- Caine 2012 Requiem will be making use of the Masquerade Index Rules
Off Site Limitations
Players who are on the physical location of the game site yet “off-site” in terms of play represent a breakdown in the continuity of the game and will be limited as much as possible. Those events that have been designated as off-site will be clearly marked on the schedule or by storyteller announcement. In some cases participating in these events may limit your ability to participate in the regular venue. IC locations will be clearly marked on the entrance to each room.
Though proxy play is permitted by the Camarilla rules supplements, at Caine 2012 Requiem the Canadian VSS will be follow for the proxy rules:
Canada operates under the “no proxies without bodies” system for game session play unless stated otherwise within the local VSS. If you wish your character to be proxied to any venue for play at a session you must have someone present at the game to play them in session.
ST Scene Resolution Rooms
Our killbox space is limited. If players are planning in advance to require use of a “killbox” (or “ST Resolution Space, if you will), it is highly recommended that they reserve as ST Resolution Room by requesting use of the space from the Venue Storyteller Lead by e-mail in advance in order to ensure that both space and ST authority are available.
Once you have entered into a Killbox scene, you are frozen from play until released by the presiding ST. Releases will only occur once approvals used in the scene have been verified. Should custom mechanics be misused in the scene, the STs reserve the right to invoke the rewrite continuity powers to correct the scene and will narrate the revised outcome.
In the interests of moving the game along, and not bogging down someone’s entire weekend with combat-rules-dice/card-play, there will be strict rules of etiquette within the Killbox spaces (and outside of them if there is combat situations):
- Players will be asked to pull initiatives.
- If it is not your initiative, you should not be speaking above a bare whisper. Should the ST feel you are interrupting, you will (in order of disruptions):
- lose your initiative for the round,
- lose your action for the round,
- be removed from the killbox scene, and asked to turn your character sheet over to the presiding ST for the duration of the scene.
- This is not the place for an argument with the ST. Please have your character sheet ready, your dice pools figured out (and jotted down), and any extra rules sheets that you may need ready (e.g. for Bloodline disciplines, etc.). If you are arguing with the ST after a call has been made, you may be asked to turn your character sheet over to the ST, and leave the scene.
- On your initiative, please know what you are doing. The ST will reserve the right to withhold initiatives for players who are taking up too much time to decide their current action. Please remember, combat rounds are very rapid: chances are if you can’t begin to vocalize your character’s action in under 3 seconds, then you’re too surprised to know what to do that round.
Any Character involved in a PvP killbox or scene resulting in character death or removal from play is required to be audited by the presiding ST. The outcome of the audit will not affect the outcome of the scene, however if there are discrepancies on the character sheet that cannot be explained by the player, disciplinary action from xp being docked up to and including de-sanctioning of the character may be taken.
Venue Destructive Effects
Actions, effects, and mass destruction effects have the potential to end the In-Character reason for the gathering prematurely. Any effect that could result in the mass exodus of characters from the area, or items that have the potential of doing so must be approved though the Venue Lead before they are taken.
Blood and Willpower
All characters are assumed to be at full Willpower when they arrive for Caine 2012 Requiem. Characters who wish to refresh their Willpower pools as per the rules ”’must”’ do so, with proper justification expressed, to a presiding Storyteller. (does not include the automatic one WP gained from a good night’s sleep)
If you have Coils or other powers which would mitigate your loss of vitae then it is your responsibility to keep an accurate accounting of your blood pool. All players must be prepared at all times to explain your current blood pool levels to a Storyteller or Narrator.
Kindred with Blood Potency 7 and higher who are required to feed from other Kindred must note on their sheet or feeding log who they feed from during the convention including Character Name, Player Name, Camarilla Number and Email Address. Unless very special circumstances have been worked out with the Caine 2012 Requiem Lead ahead of time, any Kindred who your PC feeds off of must be physically present at Caine 2012 and must also maintain their loss of vitae on their sheet.
Not all character will be at full blood when they arrive at Caine 2012. Every player must go at the pre cast table before entering play to received there blood points.
Rituals Pre-Cast Rules
All rituals that are not success dependent are considered to be automatically pre-cast with the appropriate cost marked off of the character sheet by the player on the honor system. Those rituals that are success dependent may be rolled at the Pre Cast table at any time, and will be signed off by the Pre Cast team member who witnessed the roll directly on the character sheet with successes per night listed.